Reviewed in Post:
BTM Rating: 7/10
Cost at time of review: $129.00
- Beautiful color and pattern
- Lining inside for smooth fit
- Quality zipper
- Darts and tailoring for sheath fit.
- Small pattern flaw on the front – Stripes did not match up on dart seam.
- Dry-clean only
- Fit as expected
- Length: Good for tall and regular height gals. Petite girls like me (5’2″) might want to have it hemmed, unless you prefer the dress past the knee.
The beautiful burnt orange and navy stripes of this dress made me imagine wearing it to dinner at a Palm Springs resort on one of those warm desert nights. Its modest neckline and knee length cut make it a less casual dress. However, I feel that the bold colors and sexy sheath fit add a bit of fun and personality.
This dress is flexible in that it can be dressed up or down. With a navy blazer it becomes more professional. But with a wedge heel, clutch, and cute necklace it becomes a date night dress. And with a denim jacket and cute sandal, you can now take it to lunch with friends or a daytime date.
Following the size chart on the Amazon listing will do you good. For me, it fit as expected. At 5’2″, I found it a bit long in the knee, which is good news for tall and regular girls. You shouldn’t have a problem with length in this dress. And if you do, returns with Amazon Wardrobe are easy.
The zipper is metal and good quality. I did notice a design flaw in my dress though. On the front, there are darts. This is good because they give the dress tailoring and shape. However, on one of the seams, the pattern was not matched up properly, so the stripes were not seamless. In the first picture on the left side, you can see what I’m talking about. It could have just been the particular one I got, but for a $129 dress, I don’t want any flaws.
- The thick material, lining, and stripes of this dress help give you a smooth, sheathed figure. However, if you’re still worried about controlling all the lumps, wear a pair of Spanx or other shape-wear underneath.
- The most flattering fit for this dress will be at or slightly above the knee. If it fits longer, it will cut you off at the knee and make you look short. Consider wearing with heels or hemming if you need to.
- Need to dress it up? Add a pair of nice earrings, a clutch, and subtle heels. Throw on a navy blazer to make it more professional.
- Want to dress it down? A denim jacket and cute sandal will do the trick.